Recent Posts

Thursday 26 February 2015

Silent Epidemic Continued...

 50.2 percent, 124.6 million American adults, are single. This does not count nuns, sisters, brothers, priests, who, technically, belong to God and are not in the world singles.

This data, from last year, 2014, will introduce a demographic winter in America, just like Russia is experiencing. Russia is dying because of abortion, contraception, and singleness.

America is beginning to die, literally, physically. I have argued long and hard on this blog that singleness is not a "vocation" but some sort of de-fault.


One can look at my other articles on this point, but the problem is getting more and more serious.

Women, as well as men, just do not want to commit to anything-marriage, the religious life, the priesthood.

Sadly, liberals in the Church have allowed the lie of the single vocation to continue. Few are called to singleness, and for very good reasons, either physical, psychological, or out of a call to serve in some particular manner, like taking care of aged parents, or a sick sibling.

Until the Church addresses the problem, it will get worse.

I have heard one great sermon on this subject way back in 2010 at a TLM.

In my neighborhood, my temporary one, there are several couples with dogs, no kids, and several single people with cats. Animals are the new families for many.

Some people who have been abused do not want to commit to marriage, and some people who just want to never have to sacrifice do not want to get married. One lady told me recently that she does not want to bring children into this world. I heard that from a single librarian at Notre Dame in 1980. Peter Pans and Peter Pams do not want to get married. Some predators do not want to get married.

God loves children and the world needs children and families, especially in hard times.

I pray today for those Catholic adults who are single who just cannot bring themselves to be committed to any order or any person. They are missing out on real life.

Some people, like Mr. Voris, have consecrated their lives to God and are working full-time for the Kingdom. That is a vocation, but rare.

This year is dedicated, in the Church, to the consecrated life. Please pray about this, singles, and pursue this way, a real vocation.

More on this later. Here are some older posts...

13 Jul 2012
I simply do not believe this. I have never believed this. I think that the single state is a horrible product of the dysfunctional societies in which we live. There are many reasons for this phenomenon and some cures. I am going to ...
13 Jul 2012
However, after living in the US, and being attached to one of the more privileged higher education institutions, I can honestly say that there are tons of class divisions in the US, just not as formally delineated as they are in the UK (where I'm from btw). I don't also believe that we are in a situation where Catholicism vs the rest of the world! I think Christian principles are deeply embedded in more than just Christian cultures. When legal systems were transplanted to ...
12 Aug 2014
However, I do believe there is an opportunity to grow in grace in a non-sacramental grace. ... If anyone thinks that being single, like consecrating yourself, if anyone thinks that working in the Church will be lonely or disconnected, they are wrong. ... I was in the local parish one day, after my mom died, a pause in my life as the old life had gone away, the new life had begun, but the form was not there yet. What should I do, I thought? I knelt down and prayed that prayer at ...
26 Nov 2013
But, lately, I am concerned at the number of young converts who are not being challenged in RCIA or in personal catechesis to think rationally. The problem becomes compounded by the .... I do not believe that being single is a vocation. 12 Jul 2012. Here are my reasons why liberal Catholics, especially and some trads have fallen into the trap of the "single vocation", which I do not think exists, except for the above calls. One, selfishness. Our individualistic, selfish and.

19 Jul 2012
I have discussed many concerns about annulled people, being one myself. Here are a few points. 1) Consecrated life usually means virginity. The Consecration of ... If one feels like going into the religious life, as a monk or nun, or even a priest, as most dioceses do not have age limits for men and orders are more open to older men than women's orders are, I think that if fine. But one must have a spiritual director or confessor to help discern such. God knows your heart ...

09 Sep 2013
What do I mean? Getting drunk makes one stupid. Sinning, which some people do not even seem to understand, makes one stupid. In fact, the lack of the use of reason seems to be the main impetus for clubbing. And, do Catholic youth know that getting drunk is a mortal sin? NO?...so .... I think that it is the sin of presumption to go into a place where there are drugs, nasty music, women and men dressed extremely immodestly and where people get drunk. We are not ...

01 Aug 2014
The 2014 Convocation of United States Consecrated Virgins, July 28 - Aug. 1 is ending today. The national conference for information for single women interested in becoming a consecrated virgin starts in a few days: 2014 ...
18 Jul 2012
Hey, I wanted to add to your post on consecrated virgins, as I am currently discerning this vocation with my spiritual director and part of EF Mass community. I know whenever Father Z posted on his blog about CV's the topic of ...
http://supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com/

28 Nov 2013
Many women with whom I speak have discussed with me the number of men who are not acting like men, but like boys. Many reasons have created this huge group of Peter Pans. Sadly, I know that many women are not able ...
17 May 2012
There are three categories of men: Protectors, Predators and Peter Pans. Now, young boys learn to be one of these types. I want to write about this from my own experience in teaching, observing and being in Confirmation ...
26 Feb 2014
Supertradmum said... stoney, you have it backwards. Feminism grew out of a society where men were already weak and chose to be weak. If men really loved their wives as themselves, as God commanded, we would have no ...
14 Sep 2014
Many women with whom I speak have discussed with me the number of men who are not acting like men, but like boys. Many reasons have created this huge group of Peter Pans. Sadly, I know that many women are not able .

31 May 2014
I have written about Peter Pan-see all the links. But, I have forgotten, until today, Peter Pams. The same syndrome that can affect men who become Peter Pans has affected women. Now, the women in my generation tend to be ...