Recent Posts

Saturday 17 January 2015

Comment on Dress


I have noticed in three countries in the EU on this short trip that the women dress up for Mass more than in America. At every Mass I have attended, I have seen dresses, skirts, beautiful coats, lovely shoes, nice hair, and even scarves and hats.

Why American women do not dress up for NO Mass is a mystery to me. The women of Malta are smart and stylish. So are the French women. And, here in Dublin, the women have looked terrific. Skirts and dresses with nice boots and heels are "in" here in Europe.

Also, women are more dressed up out and about as well, especially young women. I can count on two hands the number of women I have seen in jeans in these past six weeks of colder weather.

Needless to say, the British tourists are the worst dressed women in the world. German women, Japanese women, French, Irish, Polish and others look much, much more ladylike and feminine.

It is wonderful to see such feminine looking ladies dressed for Holy Mass. And, at the NO....