Recent Posts

Friday 12 December 2014

My New Flatmates


Two of these little creatures joined me in my flat. I stepped on one in the middle of the night. Eieieieuuu. One was crawling up the wall between the bathroom and the kitchen. These are the slugs of Malta, a special kind not found outside the countries around the Mediterranean.

Now, stepping on a mollusk in the middle of the night is not something I would wish on anyone. I put salt down by the two doors and a window. Of course, I keep the windows closed at night, but there are cracks underneath both doors.

I guess I should be glad these fellows are not brown recluse spiders or the HUGE cockroaches of Malta.

They must be cold, but if they understood English, I would tell them it is actually colder inside the flat than outside.

Photos both from wiki...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehmannia_melitensis