Recent Posts

Thursday 22 August 2013

What I am reading...

Father Z. always has list of what he is reading. Here is mine at this time:

Father Phelim on St. John of the Cross (need to find more stuff of his-finished now)

Dialogues of St. Catherine of Siena, again, third time

Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola, again, for the umpteenth time.

Windswept House, first time and it is really boring, cardboard characters and nothing I did not know

None Other Gods, Benson for the third time

Inferno, by Dante, for the umpteenth time classic

An Introduction to Counselling by McLeod-sections on values, ethics and morals to see what the seculars are thinking; and I am concerned about the standards of some so-called charismatic counsellors, so I am checking standards.

The Child in the Church, Montessori, starting that tomorrow, as I am borrowing a rare copy

Dark Night of the Soul, John of the Cross, umpteenth time

Dublin and Irish Collections, on line and will get more tomorrow from another source

Transcripts and on line sources on the trial of King Charles I-fascinating and timely

Deus Caritas Est, third time found here, btw http://www.catholic.org/clife/publications/b16_encyclical_godislove.pdf

Paper on Suarez, because I do not have his books with me found here
http://www3.nd.edu/~afreddos/papers/suarez%20intro.pdf

Lectio Divina, Gospel of Matthew and Numbers (just finished that again)

Histories on line of the architecture and history of Valletta

and other stuff as comes up....